The solution: (Note: this may seem complicated the first time you implement it, but get relatively easier for embedding subsequent Flash Video, (.FLV), and other types of media files into a website).
Here’s the software you need:
1. a video saved in .FLV format
2. a Shockwave/Flash, (.SWF), video control — this is “the player” whic his usually a frame that surround the video and contains (minimally) a Start/Stop button, and usually a volume control.
3. an HTML file you wish to embed the SFW/FLV player and video into.
Where to get the software:
After uploading the .JS library and and .SWF player (extracted from the file: mediaplayer.zip), and your .FLV video file to your site, you would :
– cut and paste the following line into the <HEAD> if you page:
– cut and paste the following <DIV> and <SCRIPT> code into the body of your page:
Get the JW FLV Player code at: http://www.jeroenwijering.com/
Wimpy Player, (Plano Software, LLC), is a similar set of files, (with more options). Wimpy can be used as a simply “button” to play .MP3 and other audio files, all the way up to their Wimpy WASP and Wimpy RAVE products which are skinnable audio/video jukeboxes that can run XML playlists and be styles to look just about any way you want. The software is easy enough to use and very dependable. You can download their tools which generate all the HTML code needed to cut and paste into your website or use their online code generator. You have to pay for the WimpyPlayer software even on non-commercial sites after the 15 day demo expires. The paid versions cost from $19 and up depending on features. http://www.wimpyplayer.com
Abode, Inc. – Adobe owns the Shockwave Flash and Flash Video formats, and offers several commercial tools for embedding flash video in your website including DreamWeaver [DW] and other flash and video authoring tools in the Adobe Creative Suite (CS) packages. Visit Adobe’s Flash Developer’s Center at: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/ for more info.
Please let us know if you locate any other vendors who produce software to play .SWF / .FLV video on your website.